Auto Repair & Services
- Air Filters
- Belts and Hoses
- Brakes Repair
- Cooling System Maintenance
- Drive Lines
- Electrical System
- Engine Diagnositcs
- Headlight Restoration
- Heating and A/C
- Lift Kits
- Monthly Checklist
- Oil Change Service
- Preventative Maintenance
- Steering and Suspension
- Tire Balancing
- Tire Installation
- Flat Tire Repair
- Tire Rotation
- Transmission Fluid Flush
- Automotive Tune-Up
- Wheel Alignment
- Wiper Blades
Batteries in Harlingen, TX
You turn the key and your engine starts. It’s one of the things we take for granted, but probably shouldn’t.
Vehicle batteries are rechargeable, of course. Unfortunately any rechargeable battery, just like in your phone or laptop, can only withstand so many charge/discharge cycles before they start to weaken and lose their ability to hold or deliver a charge.
Automotive batteries haven’t really changed a lot for almost 100 years. They’re designed with several individual cells that contain lead plates and sulfuric acid. The charge or discharge process starts a chemical reaction between the lead and acid; extremes of heat or cold tend to slow this reaction and stress the battery.
Lots of other things stress a battery on today’s vehicles. Batteries have to be able to turn over a big engine and power secondary electrical accessories like power seats, power windows and stereos (sometimes with the engine off), and that means a lot of current draw. This, along with poor maintenance, is why lots of batteries never seem to last through an entire warranty phase!
At Pueblo Tires & Service in Harlingen, TX, batteries are just one more aspect of the comprehensive auto repair services we offer. We also offer battery maintenance, such as:
- Cleaning corrosion from the battery terminals and clamps. Corrosion deposits will appear as a fluffy greenish-white buildup. If neglected for too long, it will actually prevent the battery from delivering or receiving a charge.
- Coating the clamps and terminals with special anti-corrosion grease
- Inspecting the cables and clamps
- Testing the battery’s charge, cranking capacity and condition
- Checking the alternator and charging system
- Checking the serpentine belt and tensioner for condition and wear
What is it you drive? A big 4 x 4 pickup or a little subcompact? Regardless of what your set of wheels might be, we’ve got a battery for you at Pueblo Tires & Service in Harlingen, TX. Don’t put it off until you’re stuck somewhere in a parking lot hoping someone has some jumper cables. Make an appointment with us for your next battery!