At Pueblo Tires & Service, we want to wish everyone happy holidays…and we’d like to suggest a few destinations for the family:
Hidalgo: Hidalgo’s Festival of Lights includes more than three million lights and 900 displays around town! Take a train, trolley or horse-drawn carriage ride starting at City Hall Plaza to take it all in.
Brownsville: Check out Green Christmas in the Park, at Resaca de Palma State Park. For more information, call the park at (956) 350-2920.
S Padre: Of course there’s so much to do at Padre Island, and you can check out the outdoor Art Festival with original art, food, and music.
San Antonio: If you want to head up I-35, the ...[more]
For many drivers, finding a mechanic they can trust can be pretty tough. The auto repair field is notorious for scammers and shady operators, waiting to take advantage of drivers who don’t know any better. Considering that cars keep getting more and more sophisticated with every model year, there are some very good reason for staying with the same auto mechanic and auto repair shop:
· ASE Certification: This is what separates the good shops from the so-so ones. Like we mentioned, every model year of vehicles is getting more complex. There’s more processing power in a 2015-model car or truck than the NASA computers in Houston that sent a m ...[more]
- Tires: Your safety is literally riding on your tires! Have you had a good look at them lately? Check for proper inflation, cracking or irregularities on the sidewall, uneven tread wear or low tread depth. Here’s an easy way to check your tread depth…take a penny and insert it into the tread grooves, Lincoln’s head down. If the tread doesn’t touch Abe’s head, your tread depth is below 2/32” and your tires need to be replaced right away. Now, insert a qu ...[more]
- Battery: Hot weather is actually more damaging to your car’s battery than cold temperatures. Heat can cause your battery’s fluid to evaporate, damaging the cells and impeding their ability to hold a charge. If your battery doesn’t have sealed cells, be sure to check the level of acid in the cells and replen ...[more]
- Brakes: Have you noticed your brakes feeling “soft” or “spongy?” Does the brake pedal go farther toward the floorboard than it used to? Are you hearing grinding or squealing noises fro the brakes, or is the Brake or ABS light on the dashboard lit up? Don’t put off this crucial auto repa ...[more]
Summer’s going to be coming up, and it’s time to talk about auto repair in Edinburg, TX as part of your vacation pre-planning!
There’s a lot to take into account when you’re making vacation plans...where to go, what route to take, how long you want to spend out of town, where to stay, how to keep the kids occupied. One thing you can’t forget though, is maintenance so your car’s 100 percent roadworthy. If you’re planning on auto repair in Edinburg TX before your vacation, here are a few things to consider to make your trip trouble-free:
- AC service -- Even the best AC system may need a recharge of refrigerant before hot weather comes around. As part of AC auto repair ...[more]
You probably heard it from your dad first…”get your car in for an oil change!” In Mission, TX, oil changes are a big part of our business at Pueblo Tires & Service. But why are they so important?
There are two things to remember for an oil change in Mission, TX...one is that an internal combustion engine runs on thousands and thousands of little explosions, and the other is that an engine is full of metal parts that spin around and move back and forth or up and down, rubbing against each other constantly.
The explosions that take place in the cylinders and provide power also generate a great deal of carbon and acids, which make their way into the motor oil and contaminate it. The moving parts, on the other hand, rely on motor oil to kee ...[more]
The birds are chirping, the trees are in bloom...time to put winter behind us and get ready for spring and summer! Even in South Texas, winter can be hard on vehicles, so let’s do a quick rundown of spring maintenance items and auto repair in Brownsville, TX:
- Check all fluids, including windshield washer solution, brake fluid, transmission fluid and antifreeze/coolant
- Check all hoses and belts for condition and excess wear; replace if needed
- Check all battery connections for corrosion and tightness
- Check the battery and charging system for proper voltage and amperage
- Inspect exhaust system for corrosion, damage, leaks and broken/disconnected ...[more]
|1 2||Next >>|