The average age of a car on the roads in the United States is now 11.8 years. There are a few different ways to interpret that statistic. One is that cars are clearly made better today, with better machining, better build quality and engineering. That’s compared to vehicles from the 70s and 80s, when interior materials would oxidize and disintegrate, bodies and frames would rust and engines would wear prematurely.
The more likely reason for that higher average longevity, though, is that more people are reluctant to take on debt and car payments and are more inclined to get more miles out of their vehicles. Indeed, those cars from the 70s and 80s only had five-digit odometers, hinting at a service life of 100,000 miles and no more. Today, 200,000 is “the new 100,000&rdqu ...[more]
Summer’s going to be coming up, and it’s time to talk about auto repair in Edinburg, TX as part of your vacation pre-planning!
There’s a lot to take into account when you’re making vacation plans...where to go, what route to take, how long you want to spend out of town, where to stay, how to keep the kids occupied. One thing you can’t forget though, is maintenance so your car’s 100 percent roadworthy. If you’re planning on auto repair in Edinburg TX before your vacation, here are a few things to consider to make your trip trouble-free:
- AC service -- Even the best AC system may need a recharge of refrigerant before hot weather comes around. As part of AC auto repair ...[more]
The birds are chirping, the trees are in bloom...time to put winter behind us and get ready for spring and summer! Even in South Texas, winter can be hard on vehicles, so let’s do a quick rundown of spring maintenance items and auto repair in Brownsville, TX:
- Check all fluids, including windshield washer solution, brake fluid, transmission fluid and antifreeze/coolant
- Check all hoses and belts for condition and excess wear; replace if needed
- Check all battery connections for corrosion and tightness
- Check the battery and charging system for proper voltage and amperage
- Inspect exhaust system for corrosion, damage, leaks and broken/disconnected ...[more]