- Thermostatic expansion valve
We are excited to announce the launch of our new website. The site features a fresh look, easy navigation and more focus on what the customer needs.
The new site offers inventory listings with pictures and specs. You can search a variety of ways including by vehicle and size.
With the addition of our blog, we are able to help inform and educate our customers on important tire and service information.
We invite you to visit our new website today.
The average age of a car on the roads in the United States is now 11.8 years. There are a few different ways to interpret that statistic. One is that cars are clearly made better today, with better machining, better build quality and engineering. That’s compared to vehicles from the 70s and 80s, when interior materials would oxidize and disintegrate, bodies and frames would rust and engines would wear prematurely.
The more likely reason for that higher average longevity, though, is that more people are reluctant to take on debt and car payments and are more inclined to get more miles out of their vehicles. Indeed, those cars from the 70s and 80s only had five-digit odometers, hinting at a service life of 100,000 miles and no more. Today, 200,000 is “the new 100,000&rdqu ...[more]
At Pueblo Tires & Service in Brownsville, TX, we know that some folks find it a dicey proposition to decide on the right auto repair shop. There are 50 years’ worth of horror stories about auto repair shops that are out to scam drivers and fleece them with unnecessary services, slipshod work or ridiculously high prices for parts and labor. In light of that, here are some things to bear in mind when you’re looking for a great auto repair shop – and some cautionary notes on things to look out for in a not-so-great one.
· ASE and iCAR certifications: These are two leading industry-group accreditations, from the Nationa ...[more]
For many drivers, finding a mechanic they can trust can be pretty tough. The auto repair field is notorious for scammers and shady operators, waiting to take advantage of drivers who don’t know any better. Considering that cars keep getting more and more sophisticated with every model year, there are some very good reason for staying with the same auto mechanic and auto repair shop:
· ASE Certification: This is what separates the good shops from the so-so ones. Like we mentioned, every model year of vehicles is getting more complex. There’s more processing power in a 2015-model car or truck than the NASA computers in Houston that sent a m ...[more]
- Tires: Your safety is literally riding on your tires! Have you had a good look at them lately? Check for proper inflation, cracking or irregularities on the sidewall, uneven tread wear or low tread depth. Here’s an easy way to check your tread depth…take a penny and insert it into the tread grooves, Lincoln’s head down. If the tread doesn’t touch Abe’s head, your tread depth is below 2/32” and your tires need to be replaced right away. Now, insert a qu ...[more]
- Battery: Hot weather is actually more damaging to your car’s battery than cold temperatures. Heat can cause your battery’s fluid to evaporate, damaging the cells and impeding their ability to hold a charge. If your battery doesn’t have sealed cells, be sure to check the level of acid in the cells and replen ...[more]
- Brakes: Have you noticed your brakes feeling “soft” or “spongy?” Does the brake pedal go farther toward the floorboard than it used to? Are you hearing grinding or squealing noises fro the brakes, or is the Brake or ABS light on the dashboard lit up? Don’t put off this crucial auto repa ...[more]
Summer’s going to be coming up, and it’s time to talk about auto repair in Edinburg, TX as part of your vacation pre-planning!
There’s a lot to take into account when you’re making vacation plans...where to go, what route to take, how long you want to spend out of town, where to stay, how to keep the kids occupied. One thing you can’t forget though, is maintenance so your car’s 100 percent roadworthy. If you’re planning on auto repair in Edinburg TX before your vacation, here are a few things to consider to make your trip trouble-free:
- AC service -- Even the best AC system may need a recharge of refrigerant before hot weather comes around. As part of AC auto repair ...[more]
|1 2||Next >>|