Reasons To Stay With The Same Mechanic
For many drivers, finding a mechanic they can trust can be pretty tough. The auto repair field is notorious for scammers and shady operators, waiting to take advantage of drivers who don’t know any better. Considering that cars keep getting more and more sophisticated with every model year, there are some very good reason for staying with the same auto mechanic and auto repair shop:
· ASE Certification: This is what separates the good shops from the so-so ones. Like we mentioned, every model year of vehicles is getting more complex. There’s more processing power in a 2015-model car or truck than the NASA computers in Houston that sent a man to the moon in 1969. Today, an auto repair technician needs quality diagnostic tools and a laptop just as much as he needs a good set of socket wrenches. ASE certification means that the technicians stay current on technology and has the resources and knowledge to work on practically anything that has wheels.
· Relationships: In the business world, relationships are everything. The same is true for the connection between you and your auto repair shop. When the same technician is seeing your car over and over for routine maintenance, he gets to know the idiosyncrasies and quirks of that vehicle. He can anticipate problems and spot parts that are starting to wear, and give you ample heads-up before they fail.
· Convenience: Nobody enjoys hanging out in the waiting room of a dealership or an auto repair shop, reading year-old magazines and watching game shows on TV. At Pueblo Tires & Service, we know your time is valuable. We’ll do everything we can to work around your schedule and make sure your wait time is kept to a minimum so you’re not stuck twiddling your thumbs.
· Trust: Everything turns on trust, doesn’t it? You know that you’re getting a straight story from your auto repair technician and service writer. You get to see the failed parts after they’ve been replaced, you know that estimates are going to be correct and reasonable, and you know that OEM-quality parts are going back onto your car again. It’s hard to put a dollar value on that sort of trust.
· Quality of Service: There’s a big difference between going to the same ASE-certified shop and going to the guy on the corner with a dozen 90s-model cars parked outside in various states of repair. When you come to Pueblo Tires & Service, you know that you’re coming to an auto repair shop that’s committed to excellence in customer service, and a service-oriented mentality that means making sure the job’s done right the first time. If we didn’t believe in doing business that way, we wouldn’t have been around since 1972!
Yes, there are some very good reasons to stay with the same mechanic and the same auto repair shop. At Pueblo Tires & Service in McAllen, TX, we’ve been serving South Texas drivers for well over a generation now. Cars have changed and advanced, and we’ve stayed up with the times…but we still offer the same quality of service and the same level of commitment we had 40 years ago.
Give us a call and make an appointment with Pueblo Tires & Service and find out for yourself what excellence in auto repair can really mean.